- Annual Meeting of the Membership, Thursday, June 8, 2017 The Board of Directors of the Madison Avenue Business Improvement District (BID) cordially invites you to attend our 2016 Annual Meeting of the Membership on Thursday, June 8, at 8:30 AM at the Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute at Hunter College, 47-49 East 65th Street (between Madison and Park Avenues).
Our featured speaker shall be Steven ... Read more
- 7th Annual Madison Avenue Watch Week, May 8-13, 2017 Madison Avenue will once again become the epicenter of haute horlogerie during the 7th Annual Madison Avenue Watch Week. Slated this year for May 8-13, Madison Avenue’s premiere watch retailers and brands will preview their newest and most exceptional timepieces that recently debuted at Baselworld and at SIHH in Switzerland, along with a weeklong ... Read more
- Madison Avenue Gallery Walk, Saturday, April 29, 2017
On April 29, the Saturday preceding Frieze New York and the TEFAF New York fairs, the Madison Avenue Gallery Walk will give the public time and space to visit the over 100 galleries that span Madison Avenue and its adjacent side streets from East 57th St. up to East 86th St.
ARTnews is the event media ... Read more
- Divisor (Divider) Saturday, March 25, 2017
Spectator participation isn’t just encouraged—it’s necessary for this reenactment of Brazilian artist Lygia Pape’s Divisor (Divider), starting in front of The Met Breuer (945 Madison Avenue) at 11am. We invite the public to join in as we walk Pape’s original blank “canvas” in a procession from The Met Breuer to The Met Fifth Avenue. With ... Read more
- Lunar New Year Celebration – Madison Street to Madison Avenue, Sunday, January 29, 2017
Madison Street to Madison Avenue
A Lunar New Year Celebration!
Sunday, January 29, 11:00 AM–3:00 PM
Welcome to Madison Avenue – the largest luxury shopping district in North America! Join us as we transport the joyous celebration of Lunar New Year from Madison Street in New York City’s historic Chinatown to Madison Avenue in Midtown and the ... Read more
- 30th Annual Miracle on Madison Avenue, Saturday, December 3, 2016
Miracle on Madison Avenue, New York’s cherished holiday shopping tradition, is celebrating its 30th Anniversary this year. On Saturday, December 3, Madison Avenue will greet shoppers and visitors on the blocks between 57th and 86th Streets with its most abundant bounty of holiday festivities in honor of the occasion.
The Society of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer ... Read more
- Opening Day of Kerry James Marshall: Mastry; An Art & Style Celebration on Madison between 72 & 77 Streets, October 25, 2016 In celebration of the opening of the groundbreaking Kerry James Marshall: Mastry retrospective at The Met Breuer, the retailers located nearby the museum on Madison Avenue between East 72 and East 77 Streets are hosting a day and evening of designer appearances, in-store celebrations and promotions. Show your Met Breuer ticket dated October 25 and ... Read more
- Language of Fashion Exhibit, September 8-18, 2016 The School of Visual Arts, ranked among the largest and most prestigious art colleges in the world, celebrates the talent and vision of typography students and their mentors with the debut of a public art exhibition on Madison Avenue, curated by Linda Fargo, Senior Vice President and Fashion Director of Bergdorf Goodman, hosted by Madison ... Read more
- Asia Week New York, March 10-19, 2016 Asia Week New York is a ten-day celebration of Asian art throughout metropolitan New York, with non-stop exhibitions, auctions and special events presented by leading international Asian art specialists, major auction houses, and world-renowned museums and cultural institutions. The 2016 edition kicks off on Thursday, March 10th with many dealers launching their exhibitions, followed by ... Read more
- Platinum Jewels in Bloom, February 4-13, 2016 The Madison Avenue BID will present “Platinum Jewels in Bloom.” The event, from February 4 – 13, will pair vibrant flowers with sparkling jewels to emulate the purity and rarity of platinum in order to raise spirits in the doldrums of winter. In the windows of 18 premier jewelry boutiques located on Madison ... Read more